Who We Serve
The Missouri Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Missouri State University - West Plains helps both established small businesses and those just beginning. We work with Missouri entrepreneurs and small businesses that are for-profit (not a non-profit charitable or educational organization). Whether you are currently in business or thinking about starting a business, the SBDC can assist you in your venture!
The Missouri SBDC hosted by Missouri State University - West Plains serves entrepreneurs in seven counties across the South Central Missouri Ozarks region: Douglas, Howell, Oregon, Ozark, Shannon, Texas and Wright.
Small Business Guidelines
- Manufacturers employing up to 500
- Wholesalers employing up to 100
- Retailers with annual gross sales of up to $6.5 million
- Service businesses with gross revenues of up to $6.5 million
- General construction firms with average annual receipts of up to $31 million
- Special trade construction with average annual receipts not exceeding $13 million
- Agriculture with average annual receipts of up to $750,000
Missouri SBDCs are part of a statewide network through the University of Missouri Extension Business Development Program. The term "small business" is defined by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) in the Code of Federal Regulations (13 C.F.R. 121). To determine if you are a small business, please reference the SBA Small Business Size Standards. You will need your North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code. You can also use the SBA Size Standard Tool to assist in determining if you qualify as a small business concern.